Welcome to The Grove!
The Grove is Memorial’s children’s ministry for birth-5th grade and their families. We do not provide childcare, but exciting, engaging discipleship for children. Parents are the authority in children’s lives by God’s design (Duet. 6:6-9). We are here to encourage and support families in this journey of each age and stage. In The Grove, parental involvement is the norm because it is fun and meaningful. Our church family feels blessed when new families and children come and we desire to make a lasting impact on their lives. Please feel free to ask any questions or make your family’s specific needs known.
- Birth-3 years
- 9:00 am -11:45 amFirst floor Education Building
- Babies and toddlers have play time and snack. We try to meet each child’s schedules. There are two paid staff to provide consistency of care and a familiar face for our littlest ones.
- 4-5 Years
- 10:30 am -11:45 am
- First Floor Preschool Hallway
- K-2nd graders
- 10:30 am-11:45 am
- Third floor Education Building
- 3rd-5th graders
- 10:30 am-11:45 am
- Second floor Education Building
On Sundays, we do a three year chronological study from Resourcewell.com called The Worship, The Word, & The Way.
We meet September 6- December 13 and January 10- May 16
- Wonder Workshop
- 6:00-7:30 4 years – 5th grade
- Children rotate through four different workshops each month to explore a Bible Story. Examples include Bible Time Theater, Godly Games, Joyful Noise, Science Wonders, Cooking Creations, Storytelling, etc.
- Nursery Birth- 3 years
- 5:50- 7:40
- Discovery Class is for kids K-5th grade who have questions about Salvation, Baptism, Lord’s Supper, and Fellowship. It is a parent/child class and you will leave with resources to use at home.
- April 5th 6:00-7:30 Second Floor
- RSVP for Discovery Class here.
- Bridge Quest is for Kids who have accepted Christ and are 8-11 years old. We will study why we believe in Jesus, compare other religions, and Spiritual Gifts.
- April 19-May 31 6:00-7:30 Second Floor
- RSVP for Bridge Quest here.
There are other special events throughout the year for children and families. We hope these times provide opportunities for your family!
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Safety and security are always a concern when children are involved. Please rest assured that we have taken precautions to protect your children while in our care. All volunteers submit to a background check. We have a guideline for there to be a minimum of two people in the room with a group of children.