Memorial Baptist Church was organized by sixty-one Christian man and women on July 7, 1948. For the first two years of its existence Sunday school and worship services were held in a building located on the corner of Monroe and McCarty Streets. Wednesday night prayer meetings and business meetings were held in member’s homes. It was a close family spirit that led to the growth and construction of the church as the community knows it today.
On November 31, 1948, the land was purchased on which we presently meet. The first worship service was held in the new sanctuary on Easter Sunday 1950. More educational space was added in 1952, and one year later the parsonage was erected. In 1959, a three story educational building was built, and in 1964 the auditorium was expanded.
Memorial looks forward to reaching it’s community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The church is making constant changes to meet the needs for the new generation and changes in society. The proclamation of the gospel and discipleship will propel the church into the future. The surroundings for worship, learning and fellowship have changed since our humble beginnings in 1948, but the spirit of the membership remains the same. Memorial Baptist Church consists of caring, loving people whose goal is to reach out to others and share the love of Jesus Christ our Lord.
9:15 am Worship
10:30 am LifeGroups
5:15 pm Dinner (Mid Jan - Mar; Sept-Nov)
6:00 pm Kids and Adult Activities (Mid Jan - Mar; Sept-Nov)
6:15 pm Rooted Students (Year Round)