Welcome to The Grove!
The Grove is Memorial’s children’s ministry for birth-5th grade and their families. We do not provide childcare, but exciting, engaging discipleship for children. Parents are the authority in children’s lives by God’s design (Duet. 6:6-9). We are here to encourage and support families in this journey of each age and stage. In The Grove, parental involvement is the norm because it is fun and meaningful. Our church family feels blessed when new families and children come and we desire to make a lasting impact on their lives. Please feel free to ask any questions or make your family’s specific needs known.
Coordinator- Sara Moss
- Birth-3 years
- 9:00am -10:30am Room 115
- 10:30am – 11:45am 3-year-olds go to class next door. Babies – 2-year-olds have nursery.
- Babies and toddlers have play time and snack. We try to meet each child’s schedules.
- 3-4 Years
- 10:30 am -11:45 am
- Room 116
Coordinator- Sarah McDonald
- Pre K5-2nd graders
- 10:30 am-11:45 am
- Room 111
- 3rd-5th graders
- 10:30 am-11:45 am
- Room 210
On Sundays, we do a three-year chronological study from Resourcewell.com called The Worship, The Word, & The Way.
Coordinator- Bridget Mack
We meet September 4th- November 6th
- Names of God 6:00-7:15 4 years – 5th grade
- Children rotate through four different workshops each month to explore a Bible Story. Examples include Bible Time Theater, Godly Games, Joyful Noise, Science Wonders, Cooking Creations, Storytelling, etc.
- Nursery Birth- 3 years
- 6:00 – 7:15
Coordinator- Kari Sullivan
- Discovery Class is for kids K-5th grade who have questions about Salvation, Baptism, Lord’s Supper, and Fellowship. It is a parent/child class and you will leave with resources to use at home.
- April 5th 6:00-7:30 Second Floor
- RSVP for Discovery Class here.
- Pray for Me is a prayer partner program that matches your child up with an adult for a school year to build intergenerational relationships within the church family.
- VBS is a week-long summer program for kids with a different theme every year.
- Summer Camp is an overnight week-long camp for kids who have completed 3rd– 6th grade.
Be on the lookout for announcements about these and other events for kids.
There are other special events throughout the year for children and families. We hope these times provide opportunities for your family!
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Safety and security are always a concern when children are involved. Please rest assured that we have taken precautions to protect your children while in our care. All volunteers submit to a background check. We have a guideline for there to be a minimum of two people in the room with a group of children.