The Life Group Ministry is a major way we build community at Memorial. If you are already attending a group, which is not a requirement but is encouraged, you will be doing the same thing you already are. The difference is a level of intentionality. You will no longer just be attending and participating but hosting, facilitating and caring for members of your group. In terms of the leadership aspect of small group ministry, you begin to become more concerned about the spiritual growth of those around you rather than simply your own.
Steps to becoming a Life Group Leader:
- Be in prayer and seek God concerning His will
- Fill out a Life Group Leader interest form
- Participate in leader trainings and events
Objectives for all Life Groups at Memorial Baptist
As a leader, you will need to foster gospel-centered community in your group. The priority and location may change depending on the group but some objective should always be top-of-mind.
- Accountability to each other in order to grow in Christ
- Foster a sense of belonging to not just your Life Group but the Memorial family
- Care for each other as needed
- Centered in the Word
- Grow your group and encourage your members to serve
What Qualifies a Life Group Leader
If you feel led to pursue being a Life Group Leader we thank you for your willingness to serve. Memorial would like to help you to become equipped to take on this role.
We only ask that you agree to the following:
- Profess that Jesus is Lord of your life and through Him and only Him you have salvation
- Be an active member of Memorial Baptist Church
- Be willing to take part in the vision of the Life Group ministry
- Be willing to host group gatherings in your home
- Be willing to attend leadership meetings and events